Wednesday 3 September 2014

6th of August Marcenais to Cap Feret via Bordeaux.

After the quietest night I have ever had in a camper it was an early start to head down and meet Allan and his family but first I had to navigate my way through Bordeaux, it actually went quite well with only one wrong turn the whole time. It didn't seem like a bad city, some nice architecture from the little I could see whilst driving and another nice bridge. I think I'm starting to develop a bit of a thing for bridges. This one was very modern and in the heart of the city and had for very tall glass fronted towers each containing a staircase, I bet the view from up top would have been great.
Once Bordeaux was successfully rounded the drive to Cap Feret and the camp-site was straight forward, it's a peninsula with one road in and one road out. I met with Allan and he took me for a little tour on the bikes including down to the bay and the centre of the local oyster trade. In the afternoon we went to the beach for a swim with Allan's wife and boys and two other families that they knew. The sea was warm and the swim was fun, if I'm honest it was good to just be arsing about in the sea ! We headed back to the camp-site for an amazing BBQ. I took the opportunity to grab a proper shower and a shave and parked the van up for the night in the Aire/beach car park that was literally next to the camp-site Allan was staying on ! After all was sorted I rejoined Allan and family and enjoyed a couple of beers, as the kids and the then in -laws retired to bed I suggested I

make a move too, Allan jumped on his bike and said he'd ride down with me. As we headed out of the camp-site we passed the bar, we decided to stop for a pint. The night ended the way that catching up with a mate in the middle of France should. At 2am, pissed.


No comments:

Post a Comment